Welcome to the j-ISBA Section (short of Junior-ISBA). Please join to become a member! Members of j-ISBA must be students or within 5 years of having completed their degree.
The j-ISBA Section aims to:
- promote and provide a forum for early career Bayesian researchers.
- organise conferences, workshops, and sessions in other meetings.
- provide social networking tools for early career Bayesian researchers in order to discuss research, exchange ideas with each other, and connect with the Bayesian community at large.
The yearly membership fee is $5.
The initial officers of the section are:
- Section chair: Andrew Cron, firstname.lastname@example.org (Term: July 2012-December 2014)
- Chair-elect: to be elected (Term: January 2014-December 2014)
- Program chair: Francesca Ieva, email@example.com (Term: July 2012-December 2013)
- Secretary: Marian Farah, firstname.lastname@example.org (Term: July 2012-December 2013)
- Treasurer: Perla Reyes, email@example.com (Term: July 2012-December 2014)
More details are in our bylaws
This year is The International Year of Statistics (Statistics2013)!! Here is a list of celebration activities from around the world: http://www.statistics2013.org/statistics2013-global-supporters/activities/
j-ISBA is endorsing or sponsoring activities at three international conferences this year:
- Bayesian Young Statisticians Meeting (BAYSM 2013), to be held in CNR IMATI in Milano, Italy, June 5-6, 2013.
- 9th Conference on Bayesian Nonparametrics in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 10-14, 2013.
- Third Symposium on Games and Decisions in Reliability and Risk (GDRR 2013) in Kinsale, County Cork, Ireland, July 8-10, 2013.
Announcements regarding abstract submissions and planned events have already been made through the ISBA mailing list (see also the announcements link below). For more information, please contact the organizing committees of these conferences, or one of the officers of this section.
Don't forget to check out these cool links!
- Job Announcements for Bayesian statisticians
- Announcements for upcoming Conferences and Workshops of interest to the Bayesian community.