Section on Bayesian Education Research and Practice (BERaP)
The aims of the section are:
- Promote Bayes’ education and research on teaching and learning of Bayesian statistics and statistical literacy at all levels and for any audience. This includes:
i) Advising ISBA on the educational elements (philosophical, methodological and practical/applied) of the ISBA strategic plan, including the need for education on the role and value of Bayesian statistics to the following audiences:
(1) Management in business and government
(2) Professionals such as journalists, lawyers and medical personnel
(3) Public policy makers at state, national and international levels
(4) K-12 policy makers, administrators and teachers
(5) Academic non-statisticians
- Support the dissemination of professional development and funding opportunities, teaching resources and research findings in Bayesian statistical education.
- Improve the pipeline of Bayesian statistics professionals from K-12 through college.
- Promote research in Bayesian education, by organizing conferences, workshops, and sessions in other meetings;
- Promote education in Bayesian methods at all levels by developing short-courses for students and practitioners; and
- Promote academic-industry interactions and outreach on Bayesian education