The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, education and services at local, national and international levels. 900 people from 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
The Biostatistics Unit of Swiss TPH within the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health (EPH), is seeking to appoint a
Postdoctoral Scientist 100%
to contribute with developing state-of-the-art methodology to large scale projects on climate and infec-tious diseases, model-based disease surveillance and on applications of geostatistical modelling of very large health and environmental data. The successful applicant will join a dynamic group of statis-ticians and mathematical modelers working on a broad range of projects in the area of disease and environmental epidemiology.
You should have the following qualifications:
• Recent PhD (completed <4 years) in statistics, mathematics or mathematical epidemiology
• Strong background in Bayesian modelling and computation
• Experience in spatio-temporal modelling or stochastic epidemic modelling
• Strong programming skills in R are essential, additional skills in C++ as an advantage
• Excellent oral and written knowledge of English is paramount
• Ability to work independently and efficiently
• A record of high-quality publications in respected peer-reviewed journals
What we offer:
• Meaningful work in an international environment
• A state-of-the-art workplace in our new building with its own canteen on the dynamic BaseLink site in Allschwil
• Interesting encounters with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• Attractive employment conditions, versatile further education opportunities and mentoring
Swiss TPH is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Please submit your application online via the link provided below with:
• Motivational letter
• Publication list
• Reference letters
• Names and contact information (email or phone) of three referees
Please note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool:
Applications via e-mail or external recruiter will not be considered.
There is no closing date for applications, however applications will be considered as soon as submitted. Interviews will begin immediately.
Start Date: immediately or upon agreement
Location: Allschwil/Basel, Switzerland
Duration: contract of 2 years with a possibility of extension
Travel required: no
For further information please contact Prof Penelope Vounatsou at firstname.lastname@example.org.