The Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence (IDSIA, www.idsia.ch) opens a position for a Researcher (f/m) in the area of Forecasting and Data Mining with Time Series. Occupancy degree: 100%. Duration of the contract: 2 years with possibility of prolongation.
The research area relevant to this position involves time series analysis (forecasting, clustering and classification of time series, anomaly detection, etc.).
– Basic research, aiming at publications in top notch journals and conferences.
-Applied research, collaboration with industrial partners in innovative projects.
-Acquisition of funds regarding both basic and applied research.
– A two-year position (degree of occupancy 100%), with possibility of prolongation.
– International working environment.
– Collaboration with a strong team of researchers in Machine Learning and Statistics (http://ipg.idsia.ch)
-Development of your own professional skills and career progression.
-Attractive salary, in line with Swiss standards and the candidate’s experience.
-The position is for researcher who has obtained a PhD since at most 10 years.
-Master degree with top marks in informatics, statistics, or other areas with strong emphasis on computation.
-PhD focused on the analysis of time series.
-Excellent publication track (relative to the ages of experience).
-Excellent programming skills and proficiency with state-of-the-art libraries for Time Series Analysis.
-Good knowledge of algorithms and software for Machine Learning.
-Proficiency in written and spoken English.
-Communication and collaboration skills.
-Good knowledge of written and spoken Italian, or willingness to learn it in short times.
Applicants should submit the following documents, written in English:
– Curriculum vitae with publications list and possibly link to the thesis;
– List of exams and grades obtained during the Bachelor and the Master of Science;
– List of three references (with e-mail addresses);
– Motivation letter (1-2 pages).
Please submit your documentation through the url:
::Deadline: July 15 th 2018
::About IDSIA (www.idsia.ch)
The Swiss AI Lab IDSIA (Istituto Dalle Molle di Studi sull’Intelligenza Artificiale) is a non-profit oriented research institute for artificial intelligence, located in Canton Ticino (Switzerland).
We focus on machine learning (deep neural networks, reinforcement learning), operations research, data mining, and robotics.