The Institute for Statistics and Mathematics at the Vienna University of Economics and Business is currently advertising 3 PhD Positions. Prospective PhD students interested in working in Bayesian Statistics and Bayesian Econometrics are particularly encourage to apply.
We offer a stimulating interdisciplinary research environment in an attractive city.
Please find below more details concerning the application (application deadline: April 24, 2019). Feel free to contact me for further information (email@example.com).
The Institute for Statistics and Mathematics at the Vienna University of Economics and Business is currently inviting applications for three 30 hours/week PhD Positions, starting on September 01, 2019 (commencement date subject to change). Minimum gross monthly salary, paid 14 times per year: Euro 2,148.38, recognition of previous employment possible). These employee positions will be limited to a period of 6 years.
• The successful candidate will enroll in the PhD Program in Economics and Social Science (an English track is available) and will carry out research work in the field of mathematics for economics and business in one of the research areas of the institute (stochastic processes and financial mathematics; statistics and computing; optimization), typically with a focus on applications in finance and economics.
• Your research projects will comprise all aspects of applied mathematics, from model development and mathematical analysis to numerical implementation and statistical estimation of models.
• Moreover, you will have teaching and supervision duties at the undergraduate level (2hrs of teaching per week).
• MSc or diploma in applied mathematics or, alternatively, an MSc in either quantitative finance, quantitative economics, or statistics, with a strong mathematical background
• Very good background in stochastics (probability theory and statistics)
• A strong motivation for academic research
• Good English as well as good programm¡ng skills
• Padagocical and presentation skills
German language skills are not a prerequisite. Some prior background in economics or finance is an advantage.
Application materials can be submitted online until April 24, 2019.
Please apply on our homepage www.wu.ac.at/jobs.
Reference Number: 163
WU is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunities and is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. Since WU seeks to increase the number of its female employees, especially in management positions, qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Women with equal qualifications are given priority. Qualified candidates with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.