You will be member of WU’s newly founded PhD-label Mathematics in Economics and Business. You will carry out independent research resulting in a PhD thesis in the field of financial mathematics and economics in one of the research areas of the institute (in particular statistics and computing). Moreover, you will have teaching and supervision duties at the undergraduate level (2hrs of teaching per week).
– MSc or diploma in statistics or applied mathematics
– Strong background in stochastics (probability theory and statistics)
– Good English as well as programming skills (in R)
– Pedagogical and presentation skills
– Willingness to use multimedia formats in teaching
German language skills are not a prerequisite. Some prior background in economics or finance is an advantage.
For more information see