Postdoctoral Research fellow with full-time employment – E 13 TV-L HU (third-party funding, limited 12 months but extension possible)
* Job description: The working group of Statistics and Data Science at Humboldt-Universität Berlin invites applications for a position to contribute to the research on statistical aspects of Bayesian learning and novel methods towards high-dimensional spatial clustering models. The position can be associated with Prof. Klein’s Emmy Noether group funded by the German Research foundation (DFG). Opportunities for own scientific qualification (career development) are provided, see: https://www.wiwi.hu-berlin.de/en/academic- career/academic-career?set_language=en
* Requirements: Completed Master and PhD (preferably with very good marks) in Statistics, Mathematics, or related field with specialisation in Statistics, Data Science or Mathematics; a strong background in the following fields: Bayesian computational methods, spatial models and inference therein, variational inference, density regression. Furthermore, a thorough mathematical understanding; substantial experience in scientific programming with R, Matlab, Python, C/C++ or similar; very good communication skills and team experience, proficiency of the written and spoken English language (German is not obligatory)
* We offer the unique environment of researchers and leading international experts in the fields. The vibrant international network includes established collaborations in Singapore and Australia. The position offer potential to closely work with several applied sciences. Information about the research profile of the research group and further contact details can be found through the following link:
* Please send your application (including a CV with list of publications, a motivational statement (at most one page) explaining the applicant’s interest in the position as well as their relevant skills and experience, copies of degrees/university transcripts, names and email addresses of at least two professors that may provide letters of recommendation directly to the hiring committee) within 4 weeks, to the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, School of Business and Economics, Prof. Dr. Nadja Klein, Unter den Linden 6, 10099 Berlin or preferably as a single PDF file to email@example.com.
* For further information please contact the project leader Prof. Dr. Nadja Klein (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* HU is seeking to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching, and specifically encourages qualified female scholars to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preferential consideration. People with an immigration background are specifically encouraged to apply. Since we will not return your documents, please submit copies in the application only.