The School of Mathematical Sciences is seeking to develop further the area of Statistics and is keen to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Statistics.
Below we highlight the number of research activities being undertaken and list the names of the members of staff who are active in these areas.
– High-dimensional multivariate statistical modelling (Dr Griffin, Dr Liverani)
– Applied Bayesian statistical inference (Dr Coad, Dr Liverani, Dr Pettit)
– Statistical models for infectious diseases (Dr Griffin)
– Adaptive designs in clinical trials (Dr Coad)
– Design and analysis of computer experiments (Dr Maruri-Aguilar)
– Complex network inference and analysis (Dr Bianconi, Dr Nicosia, Prof Latora)
– Spatial and spatio-temporal modelling (Dr Liverani)
The School is keen to strengthen and expand on the current research in Statistics. The School has also many on-going collaborations with other Faculties at Queen Mary and, in particular, the Barts Cancer Institute and the Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine.
More details on the Statistics group at Queen Mary: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/maths/research/statistics/
This is a permanent position, with a salary of £40,865 – £60,109. The deadline is January 11th 2018. To apply, and for more information, see:
The School holds a departmental Bronze Athena SWAN Award and is a registered supporter of the LMS Good Practice scheme. We are committed to the equality of opportunities and to advancing women’s careers. We have policies to support staff returning from long-term absence, for flexible arrangements for staff with parental responsibilities and for child-care support for the attendance of conferences. As part of the School’s commitment to the Athena SWAN and the LMS Good Practice principles we strongly encourage applications from women.