::Researcher in Natural Language Understanding and Text Mining
The Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence (IDSIA, www.idsia.ch), for a Researcher in the area of Natural Language Understanding and Text Mining. The occupancy degree is 100% and the duration of the contract is 2 years.
-Research on cutting-edge methods for natural language understanding (probabilistic language modeling, keyword extraction, text summarization) and text mining (text classification, word embedding, topic models);
-Publication on top journal and top conferences in the field;
-Implementation of such algorithms so as to scale on big data;
-Coordination of a team of developers on projects with companies on related topics.
– The position is for a young researcher, who however has already obtained a PhD on a topic relevant to Natural Language Processing and/or Text Mining;
– Master in informatics or other areas with strong emphasis on computation;
– Strong publications record;
– Excellent programming skills and deep knowledge of libraries for natural language processing;
– Proficiency in written and spoken in English;
– Capability of leading projects carried out with industrial partners on automatic analysis of documents;
– Communication and collaboration skills.
::Optional but preferential
– Good knowledge of machine learning algorithms and tools;
– Good knowledge of written and spoken Italian, or willingness to learn it in short times.
– A two-year position (degree of occupancy 100%), with possibility of prolongation;
– International working environment;
– Collaboration with a strong team of researchers in Machine Learning and Statistics (our publication record is available at: http://ipg.idsia.ch);
– Possibility of development of own professional and scientific skills as well as career progression;
– Attractive salary, in line with Swiss standards and the candidate’s experience.
Applicants should submit the following documents, written in English:
1. curriculum vitae
2. list of exams and grades obtained during the Bachelor and the Master of Science;
3. list of three references (with e-mail addresses);
4. brief statement on how their research interests fit the topics above (1-2 pages);
5. publications list and possibly link to the thesis.
Applications should be submitted by 28 February 2018 through the online form at the address: http://www.form-ru.app.supsi.ch/view.php?id=274900
For further information see: