Iowa State University – Ames, IA
Assistant Professor in Statistical Machine Learning and Data Science
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Department of Statistics at Iowa State University seeks a tenure-track assistant professor with foundational training in statistics and expertise in statistical machine learning and/or data science. The successful candidate will develop and sustain a high-quality and high-impact research program, successfully compete for external funding, and collaborate with world-class researchers at Iowa State in statistics and other disciplines. Further, the successful candidate will engage in professional and institutional service, teach undergraduate students, and teach and advise graduate students in one of the largest statistics’ graduate programs in the country.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in statistics or a closely related discipline.
• Foundational training in statistics with expertise in statistical machine learning and/or data science.
• Experience that demonstrates the ability to teach statistics classes at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Experience that demonstrates the ability to develop and sustain a high-impact research program with the potential to secure external research funding.
• Experience that demonstrates the ability to collaborate effectively with researchers in other disciplines.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, to receive full consideration, applications should be received by 12/01/2021. All interested, qualified persons must apply for this position online
Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
– Cover letter
– Curriculum vitae (CV)
– Contact information for three references
– Graduate transcript(s)
– Additional documents submitted as one combined PDF:
– Research statement,
– Teaching statement,
– Diversity, equity, and inclusion statement
For any questions regarding the application, please contact Kathy Kiesling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Number of Months Per Year: 09 Month Work Period
Time Type: Full Time
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email email@example.com.