ISBA Section on Industrial Statistics
The primary purpose of the ISBA Section on Industrial Statistics (ISBA/IS) is to promote research in Bayesian methods in industrial statistics by organizing conferences, workshops, and sessions in other meetings.
Other purposes of the Section include promoting use of Bayesian methods among industrial statisticians and practitioners by developing short courses and increasing ISBA membership among industrial statisticians.
Our annual report for 2013 is available here.
The current officers of the section are:
- Section chair: Refik Soyer (Term: July 2012-December 2014)
- Chair-elect: Ehsan Soofi (Term: January 2013-December 2014)
- Program chair: David Banks (Term: January 2014-December 2015)
- Secretary: Simon Wilson (Term: July 2012-December 2014)
- Treasurer: Rafaelle Argiento (Term: January 2014-December 2015)
The founding Chair and Secretary will serve until January 1, 2015. The Chair-elect was elected concurrently with the 2012 ISBA elections and will then succeed the founding Chair for the regular two year term of office starting Jan 1, 2015. In Fall 2013, a new Program Chair and a Treasurer were elected concurrently with the 2013 ISBA elections and took office on January 1, 2014. In fall 2014, a new Chair-elect and a Secretary will be elected to take office January 1, 2015. Please see our bylaws for more details about elections.