The ISBA Section on Economics, Finance and Business (ISBA/EFaB)
EFaB Section Aims & Membership
As detailed in the EFaB bylaws the section aims to:
- promote research in Bayesian methods in finance and business, by organising conferences, workshops, and sessions in other meetings;
- promote education in Bayesian methods in finance and business by developing short-courses for students and practitioners; and
- promote academic-industry interactions and outreach to the finance and business professions.
All ISBA members interested in the areas of activity of EFaB are encouraged to considering joining EFaB. Annual dues are $20 (regular annual), $250 (Lifetime), $5 (student, or low GNP country as defined under ISBA membership).
EFaB Officers - 2016
|Program Chair||Jonathan Stroud||2015-2016|
|Secretary||Enrique ter Horst||2015-2016|
Communications between officers and members is via email and the quarterly ISBA Bulletin. Members should check the ISBA Bulletin regularly for news of EFaB endorsed and sponsored meetings, short-courses and related activities.
Major EFaB Section Meetings & Events
EFaB initiates, sponsorse and endorses a variety of workshops, conferences and courses. The list below includes only the main section meetings to date and forthcoming (sponsored and endorsed meetings are listed in the main ISBA meetings section of this web site):
- EFaB@Bayes250, the 1st EFaB Workshop, held at Duke University, Durham NC, December 15-17, 2013. The third day of the meeting intersected with the unique and historical Bayes 250 Day
- The ISBA-George Box Research Workshop on Frontiers of Statistics, a unique ISBA-sponsored Workshop organized by EFaB together with the ISBA Sections on Industrial Statistics and Objective Bayes, in Washington DC, May 20-22, 2014
- EFaB sessions and events at the ISBA 2014, The 12th World Meeting of the International Society for Bayesian Analysis, in Cancun, Mexico, July 14-18, 2014
- Complexity in Economics: Big Data and Parallelization 6th ESOBE Annual Conference, October 29-30, 2015
Study Center Gerzensee, Switzerland.
- International Society for Bayesian Analysis ISBA 2016 World Meeting. ISBA, June 13-17, 2016
Forte Village Resort Convention Center Sardinia, Italy.
- Econometric methods for complex models, large and big data, and their applications to macroeconomics and finance (economic uncertainty, financial stability and risk measurement). 7th ESOBE Annual Conference, October 27-28, 2016
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy.
- Macro-Money-Finance Workshop "Advances in Macroeconomics and Finance", and 10th Annual RCEA Bayesian Econometrics Workshop, May 19 and 20, 2016, Palacongressi, Rimini, Italy.