Technische Universität Darmstadt
The research institute GRIS at TU Darmstadt is currently looking to fill a 3 year 100% PhD position focusing on Bayesian AI for Medical Imaging problems. The specific details are provided below.
• In cooperation with radiologists and physicians, you will work on various research topics in medical computing and artificial intelligence. In particular, you will develop novel Bayesian deep generative models for medical imaging applications.
• You will be deeply involved in the process of writing research grant proposals
• You will be involved in teaching and grading works
• Completed Master’s degree (or equivalent) with very good grades in Computer Science or a related discipline with a corresponding focus on Medical Computing/ Visual Computing
• Focus on one or more of the following areas: Statistical Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Medical Image Segmentation and Registration
• Knowledge of Probability theory, Deep Generative Models and Bayesian Optimization is considered as a major plus
• Experience in developing theory based on empirical evidence in application areas (medical image segmentation and registration) would be highly valued
• High qualification, self-motivation, ability to write and present scientific results in English and excellent independent research on challenging scientific problems with practical relevance are expected
• Creativity, openness, reliability, ability to work in a team
• Very good written and spoken English skills (Knowledge of German is a plus)
In case you are interested, please send your application packet by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your CV, related certificates and a statement of purpose.
Submission Deadline: June 30th, 2019
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com for informal enquiry.
Organization Technische Universität Darmstadt
Title PhD in Bayesian Deep Learning for Medical Imaging