The International Society for Bayesian Analysis (ISBA) was founded in 1992 to promote the development and application of Bayesian analysis useful in the solution of theoretical and applied problems in science, industry and government. ISBA provides a focal point for those interested in Bayesian analysis and its applications by:
- Sponsoring and organizing international conferences/workshops on Bayesian statistics, including the biennial ISBA World meetings, Bayesian Nonparametrics and Objective Bayes workships as well as regional meetings affiliated with ISBA Chapters.
- Publishing the society's electronic journal Bayesian Analysis, the ISBA Bulletin and the ISBA website
- Providing the Bayes News Forums, which provide up-to-date information to the community of statisticians and scientists interested in Bayesian Analysis and have over 2000 subscribers. (open to all)
- Supporting travel awards for graduate students and junior researchers to attend Bayesian conferences.
- Sponsoring prestigious prizes, including the DeGroot Prize, Lindley Prize, Mitchell Prize, and Savage award.
ISBA members receive discounts on conference registration at ISBA sponsored and endorsed meetings and other partner conferences. Members also receive discounts for Continuing Education courses. ISBA supports these activities through members dues and donations, please consider joining or renewing your membership today!
Contributions to support travel awards, as well as the other prizes that ISBA administers, are always welcome. Please consider making a donation today!
For more details about the benefits of membership, see the Membership Flyer.