Constitution of the
International Society for Bayesian Analysis
The purpose of the International Society for Bayesian Analysis (ISBA) is to foster the study of Bayesian analysis, including applications, and its alternatives.
- The officers of ISBA are a President Elect, President, Past
President, Executive Secretary, Treasurer, Vice Program Chair, Program
Chair, and Past Program Chair.
- Each year a President Elect is elected by a vote of the
membership, to take office for a term of one year. The President Elect
then succeeds to the office of President for a term of one year. The
President succeeds to the office of Past President for a term of one
- The Executive Secretary and Treasurer are elected by the
membership for staggered three year terms.
- The President Elect appoints a Vice Program Chair, who
serves for a year, succeeds to the office of Program Chair for a year,
and then succeeds to the office of Past Program Chair for a year.
- The elected officers of ISBA (President Elect, President,
Past President, Executive Secretary and Treasurer) constitute the
Executive Committee of the Board, which shall follow the general
policies established by the Board and shall conduct the affairs of the
Society between meetings of the Board.
- The Executive Committee shall report to the Board at each
- The Executive Committee shall periodically formulate
recommendations for action by the Board.
- The President chairs meetings of the Board, Executive
Committee and General Membership. In the absence of the President, the
President Elect chairs. In the absence of of both, the Past
meetings of the Board, Executive Committee and General Membership.
In the absence of the Executive
Secretary, the chair of the meeting appoints a recording Secretary for
that meeting, who transmits the minutes of that meeting to the
Executive Secretary. The Executive Secretary keeps lists of officers,
Board members, Committee members and Society members, and sends and
counts ballots when mail votes are taken.
funds of ISBA, ensures that proper financial records are kept, and
makes periodic financial reports to the Board.
associated with meetings in which ISBA is involved, and chairs the
Program Council, consisting of the Vice Program Chair, Program Chair
and Past Program Chair.
twelve persons elected for staggered three year terms.
- Only ISBA members are eligible for elections.
- ISBA does not pay a salary to Officers, Board Members or Committee Members.
whose other members are appointed by the Board, shall nominate two or
more members for each office. The Bylaws provide for additional
nominations by member petition.
- This Constitution takes precedence over the Bylaws, which take precedence over resolutions of the Board.
- The Constitution may be adopted and amended by a two-thirds vote of those ISBA members who return ballots in a mail vote.