ISBA Section on Biostatistics and Pharmaceutical Statistics
The aim of this specialized section of ISBA is to help network and federate under a common well-known "brand" all the initiatives to spread Bayesian methods and ideas, to solve problems in Biostat and Pharmacological stats:
- short courses,
- continuing education,
- sessions within larger conferences, etc.
We also want to help bridge academic and industry in this regard: there are plenty of people on both sides with excellent ideas and stimulating problems, and this section can help connecting them, bringing visibility from each to the others, and overall to all.
The initial officers of the section are:
- Section chair: Sylvia Richardson (Term: January 2015-December 2016)
- Chair-elect: Leonhard Held (Term: January 2016-December 2016)
- Program chair: Telba Z. Irony (Term: July 2012-December 2013; re-elected Jan 2015-December 2016)
- Secretary: Gianluca Baio (Term: January 2015-December 2016)
- Treasurer: Ying Yang (Term: January 2015-December 2016)
The founding Chair and Secretary will serve until January 1, 2015. The first election will be organized concurrently with the 2012 ISBA elections and will elect the Chair-elect. The Chair-elect will take office immediately after the election and serve as Chair-elect until Dec 31, 2014. The Chair-elect will then succeed the founding Chair for the regular two year term of office starting January 1, 2015. In the fall 2013 ISBA elections the Section will elect a new Program Chair and a Treasurer who will take office January 1, 2014. In fall 2014 elections a new Chair-elect and a Secretary will be elected to take office January 1, 2015.
To become a section member, visit the ISBA Membership Page
For more details please see out Bylaws