ISBA Awards & Honors
Awards, Medals, and Prizes
ISBA sponsors and co-sponsors a variety of Prizes & Awards for outstanding contributions in the field of Bayesian statistical analysis, including:
- The DeGroot Prize (for a book in statistical science)
- The Lindley Prize (for a contributed paper at an ISBA world meeting)
- The Mitchell Prize (for a Bayesian analysis of an important applied problem)
- The Savage Award (for outstanding doctoral dissertations).
- Zellner Medal (for outstanding service to Bayesian statistics and the society) (replaces the Founders Award)
The individual prize pages are available from the links above and provide more details about each, including forms for nominations and past winners. The six-person ISBA Prize Committee, appoints an Award Committee for each Prize and the Savage Award (See ISBA Bylaw C for more details) while a committee of three Past-Presidents selects the recipient of the Zellner Medal (see Bylaw D
To recognize ISBA members who have made outstanding contributions in statistical science SBA members who have (publication, teaching, service, etc.), an 8 member committee will elect new fellows every two years with the new fellows being presented at the ISBA World Meeting. Please see the ISBA Fellows page for current fellows and details on how to nominate a member.
ISBA Travel Awards
ISBA currently offers three travel awards for young researchers to participate in ISBA meetings:
- ISBA Lifetime Members Junior Researcher Award for all young researchers to participatean ISBA Meetings, intended to recognize the contributions to ISBA by its Life Members.
- Pilar Iglesias Travel Award for students from developing countries to attend an ISBA Meeting
- Student Travel Awards open to any ISBA member who is a student in a degree program
The program chair of each ISBA meeting determines the process for selecting awardees (see ISBA Bylaw D)
Recognition of Contributions to ISBA
In appreciation for service to the society the ISBA Board may also bestow